This article, Cal, is a Role-Play article.
This character, Cal, is a main Lookout RP character!
This article, Cal, is property of UltimateGohan98.
This character, Cal, is a main Lookout RP character!
Date of Birth
Date of Death
Cal is a pure-blooded Saiyan orphan that was taking in by the Brief family. Accidentally activating one of Bulma's machines sending him more than 300 years into the future. Cal now battles with the Lookout crew until he gets back to his own time.
Cal's appearance changes drastically throughout Dragon Ball Z, due to the fact that he started out as a child in the series and ends when he is fully grown, married, and with a child of his own. When Cal is introduced into the series he has black hair and black eyes, and a light tan much like Goku's. Cal is also quite muscularly developed for his age. As an adult, he is almost the same height as Gohan, but he is also a little bit more muscular.
When Cal is first introduced he wears tattered, and dirty clothing that are similar to rags. This clothing was worn by Cal due to the slave like conditions he endured while on Planet Evals. However when Cal arrives to Earth he starts to sport Earth attire.
During the Android Saga, Cal wears a gi that is almost similar to Goku's. It is orange but has a dark navy blue undershirt with long sleeves instead of short ones, the gi also is so long it hangs below the belt. This outfit is worn until Cal starts training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber where he reverts to Saiyan style armor. His hair is also noticeably shorter. However Cal is seen wearing his dark blue long sleeved outfit again in Bojack Unbound.
As an adult, Cal takes on a self created attire with a purple like gi the hangs below the belt, and white baggy pants. Cal also sports purple boots with yellow stripes while wearing this attire he wears through the remainder of Dragon Ball Z. Cal's hair is noticeably even more shorter when shown in the Majin Buu arc.
Cal, being a pure Saiyan, enjoys fighting and making his opponents suffer. He shows a love for battle that most full blooded Saiyans have. He also likes to taunt his opponents in battle and has a typical Saiyan appetite. Besides his constant arguing and fighting with Vegeta, he has a strong attachment to him. At first the relationship with Vegeta was frightening but they soon started to get along and develop a father/son relationship. Cal's personality strongly resembles Vegeta's which is probably why people mistake him to be Vegeta's son. Even though Cal states that he hates almost everyone in the Z Fighters he admits that they are like family to him which makes him have an easygoing and care giving personality that he hides around others.
As an adult Cal matures a little taking on a more calm and respectful personality. Even though Cal matures a little he still shows an extremely cocky and playful side most of the time. Cal also shows a high sign of intelligence knowing how to fix some of Bulma machines. Cal also shows a love for gambling and making money any way he knows how.
Cal is a Saiyan that is not from this timeline. While toying with one of Bulma's machines thinking he broke it, Cal accidently traveled over 300 years into the future. Angry and confused, Cal tends to pick fights with all the other Lookout warriors while trying to get back to his time.
Techniques and special abilities in manga and anime
This is a list of notable techniques used by Cal have appeared in the Dragon Ball Manga, the anime series Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT, and various video games spun off by the Dragon Ball series.
Speed and Movement Techniques
- Afterimage- The user moves at ultrahigh speeds, leaving an afterimage where he was previously located.
- Flight- is a technique where the user focuses his or her ki and starts to levitate, the more ki they have the faster they fly.
- Aura Rush- Cal concentrates all his energy around his body and charges at his opponent. This attack was named in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- Burst Driver- Cal, in his Ascended Super Saiyan form, delivers a barrage of punchs to his opponent and then delivers a backflip kick to his opponent knocking his opponent into the air, Cal then teleports in front of his opponent and grabs him and flies toward the ground in a drill like motion and makes his opponent make impact with the ground. This attack is named in the Raging Blast series.
- Cosmic Crash- Cal rushes at his opponent and delivers a powerful uppercut to his opponent sending his opponent flying through the air, Cal then flies after his opponent and delivers a powerful energy blast at his opponent. Thps attack was first used against Broly.
- Crushing in Hands- Great Ape Cal used this technique in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- Delta Storm- Cal delivers a heavy blow to the opponent and then teleports behind them and slams them to the ground. This attack is normally used by the Z Fighters in normal fights.
- Energy Punch Barrage- Cal, in his Super Saiyan form, delivers a barrage of punches that drain his opponents energy every time Cal makes contact with his opponent. This attack is first used against Semi-Perfect Cell.
- High Speed Rush- Cal rushes towards his opponent and delivers a barrage of kicks and punches and then delivers a flying kick to the opponent's face. This attack was named in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- Infinite Punisher- Cal, in his Ascended Super Saiyan form, rushes at his opponent and delivers a barrage of after image strikes, Cal then kicks his opponent into the air, and then teleports and delivers another kick to the opponent, Cal then teleports again in front of his opponent while his opponent is flying through the air and releases a powerful energy blast at his opponent. This attack was named in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.
- Lovers Assault- Cal and Flow, in their Super Saiyan forms, rush their opponent, Cal punches his opponent in the gut while Flow delivers a powerful kick to the jaw of the opponent. Cal and Flow then deliver a vicous assault of afterimage strikes finishing the attack off with a Lover's Blast. This attack was first used against Semi-Perfect Cell.
- Maximum Breaker- Cal, in his Maximum form, kicks the opponent into the air, and then delivers a powerful knee to the gut and slams his opponent down and then slams his opponent onto his knee. This attack was first used against Super Buu, and was named in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- Maximum Burst- Cal, in his Maximum form, delivers a 360 kick to the opponent and then mule kicks him into the air, Cal then teleports to his opponent and delivers a barrage of punches and kicks to his opponent following up with a kick to the jaw, Cal then finishes the attack with a energy blast. This attack was first used against Super Buu. It was named in Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.
- Nose Dive Combo- Cal slams his opponent onto the ground and jumps up and delivers a headbutt to the gut of the opponent. This attack was first used against Vegeta in training.
- Punishing Blow- Cal, in his Super Saiyan 2 form, delivers a kick to the side of the head to his opponent, he then kicks his opponent into the air and then teleports behind his opponent and delivers another kick to his opponent, Cal then teleports in front of his opponent and releases a Punishing Blast at his opponent.
- Rage Assault- Cal, in his Super Saiyan form, kicks his opponent into the air and teleports behind his opponent and delivers a variety of afterimage strikes to his opponent. This attack was named in the Raging Blast series.
- Soaring Impact- Cal kicks his opponent into the air and teleports behind his opponent and knocks him to the ground and delivers a big powerful energy wave. This attack was first used against Neon after he escaped from Hell.
- Vicious Assault- Cal, in his Ascended Super Saiyan form, rushes towards his opponent and backflip kicks him into the air, Cal then teleports behind his opponent and delivers a combination of punches and kicks, then knocks him to the ground, Cal then flies down to his opponent and slams his knee into his opponents gut. This attack was first used against Semi-Perfect Cell.
Energy based attacks:
- After Image Combination- Cal rushes at his opponent and constantly after image strikes his opponent with incredible speed. This technique was first used against General Ice.
- Big Bang Attack- Cal discharges a medium-sized ball of ki in his hand. On impact, this technique causes a violent explosion. In the later Budokai series , Cal can throw a small ball of ki into the Big Bang Attack, causing a more powerful and more massive explosion.
- Bang Beam- A favorite move of Vegeta during the Namek Saga, Cal points his index finger like a child pretending to shoot a gun and then fires a small but deadly red bolt of energy out of his finger.
- Big Bang Bomb- Cal gathers up tons of energy and creates a minimal spirit bomb like attack and releases it at his opponent creating a massive explosion and severly injuring his opponent and doing massive amounts of damage to the area. This attack was first used against Jala.
- Combined Kamehameha- Cal and Gohan combine to powerful energy blast out of their palms and combine it to deliver a massive amount of damage. This attack was also used with Natch.
- Cosmic Impact- Cal creates a superheated, blazing sphere, surrounding his own hand. He then throws it like a grenade and it burns any opponent whom it comes in contact with. This technique was first used against Ultimate Nappa.
- Dancing 360 Spin Kick- Cal spins on his head while kicking his opponent and then teleports behind his opponent and delivers a energy wave to the opponent.
- Deadly Impact- Cal delivers a heavy blow to his opponent and teleports on the side of his opponent and releases a deadly energy wave. This technique was first used against Zordoria.
- Destructo Disk – A razor sharp disk of energy. Cal uses this attack frequently during the series.
- Dragon Assault- Cal teleports behind his opponent and delivers a powerful kick to the back of his opponent and then fires a powerful energy blast that Cal fires with one hand.
- Explosive Impact- Cal delivers a heavy punch to his opponent, and then kicks his opponent into the air. Cal then teleports in front of his opponent and releases a Ki Cannon at his opponent.
- Final Discharge- Cal charges up a energy blast with both of his hands and releases a massive and deadly blast at his opponent.
- Final Flash- Cal conducts ki in both of his hands that places next to each other, combining the ki that discharges in the form of a devastating stream of energy. Cal first used this technique against Broly.
- Final Smash- Cal kicks his opponent into the air and then smashes his opponent into the ground. Cal then fires an big blue energy blast at his opponent.
- Finger Blitz Barrage- Cal fires several finger beams at his opponent.
- Full Power Energy Blast Volley- Cal gaters up energy in both of his hands and then fire a barrage of energy blast at his opponent. This technique is frequently used by Cal, and is used by Kid Cal in the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Galik Gun- Cal bends to the side while holding the back of his hands parallel to each other, conducting purple ki that discharges a concentrated, powerful beam. Cal learns this technique from Vegeta.
- Kamehameha- Cal learns this technique from Gohan. He holds his hands near one of his sides, creating a shiny, blue energy ball. Then he throws his palms forward to fire the beam.
- Ki Blast- The most basic form of energy attack.
- Ki Cannon- Cal gathers ki into the palm of his hand and fires it at his opponent.
- Masenko Ha- Cal holds his hands crossed with the palms facing forward above his head, creating a yellow-colored energy sphere. Then he throws his hands forward and fires the yellow beam, with the beam's pattern almost similar to the Kamehameha.
- Maximum Explosion- Cal charges up a Explosion x100 more powerful than the Super Explosive Wave, then traps the opponent in place with his physic abilities releasing the explosion and killing both him and his opponent. This attack can only be used when Cal is in is Maximum form. This is Maximum Cal's ultimate move.
- Maximum Gernaider- Maximum Cal teleports in front of his opponent and places a bigger star on his opponents chest, and then teleports behind his opponent and moves his arm in a slicing like motion making the star explode on his opponents chest creating a more powerful explosion, causing severe damage.
- Mega Kamehameha- Cal's extremly powerful version of the Kamehameha Wave. This attack is first used against the Ultimate Ginyu Force. However, Cal has stated that he puts all of his energy into the attack causing him to be extremly tired.
- Mouth Energy Wave- An energy wave fired from the mouth. Used in his Great Ape form in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Solar Blast- Cal, in his Ascended Super Saiyan form, creates a ball of energy that absorbs energy from the sun, Cal then fires it toward his opponent injuring his opponenet severly. This attack can only be used at day. This attack was first used against Semi-Perfect Cell. This technique is Ascended Super Saiyan Cal's Ultimate move in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Solar Flare-
- Starlight Gernaider- Cal delivers a painful kick to the side of the head to his opponent, he then kicks his opponent into the gut and kicks him into the air, Cal then teleports behind his opponent and knocks him to the ground. Cal then rushes his opponent again and releases a small star on his opponents chest. Cal then teleports behind his opponent and with one move of his arm the star explodes on his opponents chest. This technique was named in the
- Super Explosive Wave- Cal charges up a enormous amount of energy around his opponent and then releases it at his opponent.
- Super Kamehameha- A stand-charging version of the Kamehameha used by Super Saiyan Cal against Ultimate Frieza. It is used by Cal in the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Super Nova Cannon- Cal fires a stronger version of the Solar Blast at his opponent causing a great amount of damage. This attack was first used against Hypo, while Cal was in his Maximum transformation.
- Ultimate Z Blast- This attack was first used to kill Ultimate Buu. This technique consist of all the Z Fighters using all of their ultimate blast and combining all of their blast into one deadly ultimate attack.
Telephatic based attacks
- Energy Barrier- Cal was able to create a barrier around Goten and Trunks when Ultimate Nappa attacked.
- Ki Sense- Cal can sense power levels like many other characters in the series.
- Telekinesis- When fighting Frieza and Cooler, Cal was able to telekinetic-ally push back a boulder that Frieza threw at him.
This transformation occurs when a person with Saiyan heritage (and with a tail) looks directly at a full moon, or something that simulates its effects, such as Vegeta's Power Ball. The result is the waves from the moon stimulating a gland in their tails, enabling a seemingly unavoidable transformation. This is a complete genetic transformation, in which Cal has complete control over. It is unknown how Cal can control his Great Ape transformation. This transformation was only used onced by Cal because of the removal of his tail.
Cal most associated with the main time line of Dragon Ball became a Super Saiyan at ten years of age if including the time spent in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber), during the intense training he endured with Flow and the others. However, it is not exactly clear at what age he became a Super Saiyan in the alternate time line (Future Trunks' Timeline), but it is suggested that he became a Super Saiyan after seeing his friends killed by Android 17 and Android 18, due to his fierce hatred towards them. Cal is the fourth character in the series to appear as a Super Saiyan. Cal recieves a efficient power boost when he transforms into a Super Saiyan.
Ascended Super Saiyan
This form wields much greater power than his Super Saiyan level. Cal has the same golden basic features features of his Super Saiyan level, only now his muscles are much larger. His hair also is bigger and slightly sharper, and he looks and acts more dominant. Due to Cal's muscle mass increase, he is much stronger than in his Super Saiyan form, and his speed and agility are unencumbered, unlike the 3rd Stage Ascended Saiyan, which significantly decreases speed (but greatly increases in strength). Cal went through this transformation when he was training to fight Cell in his Semi-Perfect form and he fought , as well as Cell in his Perfect form (where he is outmatched, and knocked him out with his face to the ground after a hard hit to the jaw, reverting him to his base form). Cal tends to get much more vicious and goes for blood in this transformation. Healso gets a huge power increase compared to his Super Saiyan transformation.
Super Saiyan 2
Cal first attains this transformation between the Cell Games and Majin Buu Arc. This transformation is also only used when Cal is an adult. Cal is first seen using this transformation against Majin Buu (Fat). Cal later transforms into this state against his fight with Zordoria.
While in this form, Cal's gets a little longer, spikier and becoming more defined than his other previous Super Saiyan forms. He also gains electricity in his aura surrounding his body in this form, and his aura grows markedly larger and more vibrant in both the anime and manga.